- Closing Date: May 12, 2019
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Seasonal
- Avg. Hours/Week: 24-40
- Schedule: Days, Weekends
- Education: College
Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, weeding, mulching.
What you will do:
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Trim or pull weeds and clean flower beds.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
Tools / Technologies:
- Valid Full G License with clean drivers abstract is mandatory
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a Horticulture program is an asset
HOCO “Fun by the Falls” is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Perks & Benefits
- Retirement savings plans
- Health benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive wages
- Dental benefits for full-time employees
- Internal promotions
- Franchise training
- Free uniforms
- Participate in workplace health & safety
- Discounts on company products and services
- Flexible work schedule
- Awesome team member events
- 24/7 Security